Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Pinwheel Stitch Along Fabric Selections

Happy Wednesday!  The weekend is getting closer and closer!  And so is the pretty weather we're supposed to have. :)

Today, I am stopping in to share the fabrics I will be using for the Pinwheel Stitch Along.  Are you ready?!

First up, for the fat quarter version, I am planning to go a little red and aqua on y'all and use these prints from Bliss. We're selling out of the aqua prints pretty quick.  If you're lucky, you can catch the last of the tulip here.

I think this is going to be really lovely.  I am leaning toward using the red designer beads print for the binding.

For the layer cake version, I will be using the Fandango layer cake I've been hoarding for quite. some. time. :) I plan on using this print for the backing with two rows of layer cakes pieced in and this one for the binding.  Here are the prints I pulled from the layer cake that I will use on the quilt top - I chose 3 squares from 4 of the main colors.

And, later this week I will let you know the consensus on the "would you rather" question of Countdown to Christmas or Flurry!  :-)

Share your fabric choices with us in the Flickr group. :-)

Happy Sewing!

1 comment:

  1. I will share some pics as soon as my bettery charges. Always runs down when I' ready to take some pics fast.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)