Sunday, April 15, 2012

Weekend Sewing

Hi friends!  Hope you've had a great weekend!  I told my mister on Friday afternoon that I was going to get some sewing done this weekend and he was sweet enough offer to play some video games so I wouldn't feel bad for ignoring him.  (Let me tell you ... it was some serious arm twisting to get him to play those games ... NOT!)

Anyway, I did get quite a bit accomplished this weekend ... some bee blocks (I'll share those later this week) and finally started getting caught up on my Scrap Attack Strings blocks.  Here's my newest set of blocks ...

I really enjoy that fussy cut strip of tulips ... what a fun surprise that will be in a big quilt when it is all done!  Are you stitching along with me?  (Or maybe ahead of me - geez!)  There is still one more day to show me your progress on the Show & Tell Post. :-)

I also finished the second installment of the "2 minis from one charm pack" series today as well.  Love how this one turned out.  It's current hanging out next to my machine...

(Probably should've emptied my trash bucket before I snapped a photo!)  Look for a tutorial on that mini on Wednesday! :-)

What did you sew this weekend?  I'd love to see what you've been working on!

Happy Sewing! :-)

6 comments:

  1. I had a sewing weekend as well...I cut strips last weekend...and this is what I finished this weekend: http://www.flickr.com/photos/caribousmom/7081013831/in/photostream

    First time I've made one of these and I'm really happy with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...love the comment about gaming and arm twisting. =) Same thing happens here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see the new charm tutorial - have my little basket of orphan charms waiting to be played with. I have been busy with the May For Me quilt bingo - sponsor and hostess. And will be participating in the Table Topper Blog Hop as one of the bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute!!! I love the idea of a little bucket to hold garbage on your sewing table, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I spent Sunday sewing -- wonderful. Made a table topper using the 'contrary wife' block in red, yellow, green, black and its on my design wall waiting to be sandwiched & quilted. Will look forward to your tutorial for the mini, its 'sew' cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)