Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Pouch Swappin'

Hi there!  I am excited to share one of my recent swap projects with you today.

I have been stitching along with the do. Good Stitches girls for quite some time and the Faith group decided to have a little pouch swap for fun.  I got Deb and she had this mosaic on Flickr.  All the photos in Deb's mosaic were beautiful, but I especially noticed the photo of FMF.


Instead intricate piecing, I decided to go with a simple, well-constructed pouch with a little help from Michelle Patterns (Keyka Lou). I used the Inset Zip Clutch pattern and as always, the pattern was well-written and easy to follow.  In fact, I felt my first attempt at this pattern turned out nearly perfect.  And I didn't want to mail it off, but I did!


I love that the zipper sits down inside the pouch a little - a nicer finish with no crazy, bumpy corners. And fussy cutting the bouquet print as well as the seeds was the right way to go for sure.


I included a few little scraps from my left over FMF fat quarters for Deb as well as a few other surprises. One of the best parts was getting a message from her that when she got this she was so excited she was jumping up and down and telling her husband it was the one she wanted!  :-D  That totally made my day!

I got a pretty sweet gathered pouch from Jenn of Knit.Craft.Sew...


She cleared nailed it with the pink, green and dots!  ;-)  And I love this awesome lining print ...


Thanks so much Jenn!  :-)

I have a few more swaps to share about, but I will save it for another day.

Happy Sewing!  :-)

3 comments:

  1. Those are both cute pouches! I love a bright, fun lining, too! CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOu did a lovely job! I"ve actually made the other pouch before...very cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)