Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Picture Post: Olympic Rings Mug Rug

Hi there.  I am back tonight with pictures from my Olympic Mug Rug project that I briefly shared the other day.  My secret swap partner in the swap mentioned that she enjoyed the Olympics and I thought the rings would be perfect for commemorating the summer of 2012 with "summer" themed challenge this round. 


I started by tracing some rings onto interfacing.  Then ironing them to different prints, cutting them out and fray checking the edges. 


I laid out the rings using a picture from the Internet as a guide for how they connected.  I cut each ring in one place and tucked them under and over each other, hiding the cut ends under the adjoining ring.  I used a little bit of Stitch Witchery to tack the rings in place. 


Next, I used matching thread and a short (and narrow) zig zag stitch to applique the pieces in place.


Add some borders ... I used a linen-look fabric.  


Quilt and bind as you like. I kept it simple.  :-) 


I even made a little label for the back.  (Forgot to take a photo of the back.)

There it is ... hope you enjoyed my process picture post.  

Happy Sewing!  :-)

3 comments:

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)