Thursday, February 18, 2016

Pineapple Mini Quilt

I finally broke down and made a pineapple mini. I'd seen a few that were patchwork squares and they were totally adorable!  But then when I saw the Sew Kind of Wonderful girls turn their mini pumpkin pattern into a pineapple, I was sold.  I broke out my Mini Quick Curve Ruler I had picked up at market last fall and went for it.


I found that the Simply Colorful prints from V & Co were perfect for this ... all in similar shades with small scale interesting prints.  Scrappy made easy.  I like easy.  Of course, the background was a no-brainer ... my go-to Moda Essential Dots.




I used the Mini Pumpkins pattern available online here at Sew Kind of Wonderful for how to make the actual body of the pineapple.  The leaves are included as free directions here  (just click on the picture to access the file).

I added a small border (about 2" and then trimmed after quilting) to frame up my finished block.  A little echo quilting in the background, crosshatch on the fruit, and free motion in the leaves made this really fun!


A few folks on Instagram asked about a kit, so I have a similar kit of fabrics available here (shown above).

Happy sewing! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)